Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above mentioned post. The incumbent will be reporting to the Finance Director. The position is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the company’s Information Technology (IT) strategy in conformity with the company’s strategies to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
Key Responsibilities include the following:-
- Spearheading implementation of company IT strategy to ensure that it contributes to the corporate objectives of CMED.
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the company systems in use
- Formulation of IT policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Advising Management on technological trends and opportunities and ensures that the technology platform delivers as expected
- Ensuring efficient maintenance of company IT infrastructure
- Implementation of a disaster recovery plan.
- Provision of consultancy and training to users
- Supervision and appraisal of subordinates.
Minimum Job and Person Specifications
- Degree in Computer Science , or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in computer science or equivalent is an added advantage
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Minimum of three years in a senior IT position in the transport industry
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of ERP solutions such as SAP, Pastel a must
- Hands-on experience with network and database administration
- Team Leadership
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Business and Financial Understanding
- Class 4 Driver’s license
Applications meeting the above stated requirements should submit a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of proof of qualifications, clearly headed “IT Manager to:
The Human Resource & Administration Executive
CMED Private Limited
Cnr. H. Chitepo/R. Tangwena
P Bag 7719, HARARE
Or email to hr @cmed.co.zw not later than 11 December 2020