SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER x 4 – FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Post: Grade 12 (Bulawayo, Kwekwe, Harare)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above-mentioned post in our Construction unit. The incumbent will be reporting to the Site Engineer. The position is responsible for making sure all the workers at a construction site are working safely and following all correct safety procedures.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Conduct daily environmental and safety audits to ensure compliance with relevant policies and statutes.
- Inspect and examine all health and safety related complaints, workplace accidents, outbreaks of diseases, the spill of hazardous toxins or poison
- Search for physical, biological, and chemical workplace hazards
- Investigate the construction site to ascertain equipment, production, and material processes do not pose a safety or health hazard to employees, work guests, and the general public
- Create, evaluate, and implement health and safety programs and strategies
- Liaison with national bodies on Safety, Health and Environmental activities in order to come up with plans and facilitate compliance with statutes.
- Write daily/weekly safety and health reports or injury logs and ensure they are completed and submitted to relevant offices.
- Train Employees and advice employers and all relevant stakeholders on issues of workplace safety and environmental protection
- Creating different frameworks that will reduce accidents and improve workplace safety
- Verify the adequacy and safety of all work proposed tools and equipment
- Review and approve all subcontractors’ safety plans
- Train and run drills and exercise with workers on how to manage an emergency situation.
Minimum Job and Person Specifications
- An appropriate degree or equivalent professional qualification in the Occupational Health and Safety field
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- 2 years relevant experience
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Ability to communicate excellently in both oral and written format
- Strong listening skills to be able to get valuable information from employees
- Profound knowledge of construction industry standards and regulations
- Good organizational and record-keeping abilities – the ability to maintain good record of all safety-related activities
. Good team player, Self-confident, motivated, and independent individual
- Counselling skills
- Sound computer literacy
Applications meeting the above stated requirements should submit a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of proof of qualifications, clearly headed “SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER – CONSTRUCTION” to:
The Human Resource & Administration Executive, Bag 7719, HARARE or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12 November 2021